If you have an interest in CoolSculpting, you’re undeniably itching to book that appointment and get it done ASAP! But it’s important that you don’t rush into such a decision just yet.
Here’s why CoolSculpting consultations in DC are a must, plus why you should schedule one today!
Why Is It Important to Receive a CoolSculpting Consultation First?
As with virtually any cosmetic procedure, it’s not recommended that you book an appointment and jump right into treatment without a consultation session beforehand. This is for multiple reasons.
Firstly, an assessment has to be done to ensure that you’re a viable candidate for the procedure. CoolSculpting is best suited for patients with a BMI of 30 or lower, except in the case of double chin reduction, where the ideal is a BMI of 43 or lower.
CoolSculpting candidates should have at least one inch of pinchable fat in the desired treatment area. Patients who have cold-related conditions, such as cryoglobulinemia or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria, should not undergo CoolSculpting.
Secondly, by receiving a consultation first, your CoolSculpting specialist is able to develop the ideal treatment plan for your needs that takes into account your aesthetic goals. This includes the amount of sessions you might need, which devices are best for the treatment area, and more.
Thirdly, a consultation ensures you have all the information necessary before you receive CoolSculpting. This includes both pre- and post-care instructions, additional details you may not readily find available online, and cost of treatment, among other important info. Knowledge is power, and you’ll feel much safer and more comfortable knowing everything you need to know before your first session.
What Are Some Instructions I’ll Receive During My Consultation?
Here are some pre-care instructions and information your CoolSculpting specialist might give you. However, be sure to prioritize any advice they give you and know these are just general recommendations.
- Arrive to your appointment showered, on time, and with the necessary documents (ID, etcetera) asked of you.
- Avoid NSAIDs (ibuprofen, high-dose aspirin), alcohol, and tanning your skin in the treatment area beforehand.
- Bring items to keep you occupied during treatment, such as a book or electronic device like your phone or tablet if you’d like.
- Come in wearing loose, comfortable clothing with appropriate undergarments.
- Consider pausing smoking a week in advance to aid in the healing process and improve your results.
- Eat a light, healthy meal prior to your treatment, but don’t show up on an empty stomach or overly full either.
- Ensure that the treatment area is clean and free of any cuts, lesions, or wounds.
- In case the gel used during the procedure gets on your clothes or undergarments, bring extra to change into if you are uncomfortable.
- Make sure to drink water to hydrate well before your appointment.
- Prepare to take before photos to compare to your after, showing just how much progress has been made.
- Remove any piercings from the treatment area if applicable such as navel jewelry if you’re receiving abdominal treatment.
- Understand that CoolSculpting is not a weight loss treatment and that it might be best to shed additional pounds beforehand, although this can be done after your procedure as well.
Visit Cool Contours for Professional CoolSculpting Consultations in DC!
For expert CoolSculpting consultations in DC, Cool Contours is here for you! We’re committed to providing our patients with all of the information and tools necessary to make an informed decision and prepare for their CoolSculpting treatments accordingly.
We’ll even walk you through financing and other helpful info, ensuring you have everything you need. Give us a call today at 703-574-3007 to book your consultation with one of our CoolSculpting specialists today!