In the never-ending quest for the perfect physique, people often seek out various methods and treatments to address stubborn areas of fat.
CoolSculpting has emerged as a popular non-surgical fat reduction treatment that claims to offer remarkable results. But, does CoolSculpting really flatten your stomach and truly deliver on its promises? Here’s the scoop!
Here’s What You Need to Know About How CoolSculpting Works
CoolSculpting, a cryolipolysis technique, is an FDA-approved non-invasive procedure designed to reduce localized fat deposits in specific areas of the body. Cryolipolysis works through the freezing of fat cells, which are then naturally eliminated by the body over time. The process involves the use of a device that cools the targeted area to a temperature that freezes cells without damaging the surrounding tissues.
Does CoolSculpting Really Flatten Your Stomach? What Do Clinical Studies Say About Its Effectiveness?
When it comes to flattening the stomach, CoolSculpting has shown promising results! Several clinical studies have assessed the efficacy of CoolSculpting in reducing abdominal fat.
Multiple studies have found that CoolSculpting led to a significant reduction in abdominal fat thickness in groups of treated individuals. So, the answer to the question, “Does CoolSculpting really flatten your stomach,” is that yes, it can.
However, it is essential to note that individual CoolSculpting results can vary, and not everyone may experience the same level of fat reduction.
Factors such as skin elasticity and muscle tone also play a role in achieving a flatter stomach. If the abdominal area has loose or excess skin or weakened abdominal muscles, CoolSculpting alone may not be sufficient to achieve the desired outcome. In such cases, a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist can help determine the most suitable treatment approach after CoolSculpting.
Am I a Good Candidate for CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure designed to eliminate stubborn fat pockets in certain areas of the body. While you need to book a consultation to be sure whether you qualify for this revolutionary treatment, you should generally meet the following requirements.
You may be eligible for CoolSculpting if you have:
- Stubborn fat deposits you’ve tried to spot treat: CoolSculpting is most effective for individuals who have localized areas of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss solution but rather a body contouring treatment.
- Overall good health: CoolSculpting is generally safe for individuals who are healthy. It is important to disclose any pre-existing medical conditions and medications you may be taking during your consultation. If you have paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria, cryoglobulinemia, or cold agglutinin disease, you should avoid this treatment. Also, if you are pregnant, nursing, or obese, have an intolerance to cold temperatures, or have an injury in the desired treatment area, you should wait until your circumstances change.
- Realistic expectations: It’s essential to have realistic expectations about what this treatment can and can’t do. The procedure can help reduce fat bulges and improve body contours, but it may not provide the same dramatic results as surgical procedures like liposuction. While CoolSculpting can help reduce fat in the stomach area, it is crucial to set realistic expectations, the treatment is not a substitute for a healthy lifestyle, and maintaining a balanced diet and regular exercise routine are essential for long-term results.
- A normal body mass index (BMI): CoolSculpting is typically most effective for individuals who are close to their ideal body weight or have a BMI within the normal range. It is not recommended for individuals who are significantly overweight or obese.
- Pinchable fat: While you don’t want to have too much fat overall, you do need to at least be able to pinch an inch of subcutaneous fat in the area. Subcutaneous fat is found right under the skin and is harmless, but most people still want to get rid of it to feel better about their appearance. CoolSculpting is only able to target this type of fat and not visceral fat, which is found around the organs.
- Time to wait for results: You won’t see them overnight or even within the first couple weeks. It can take about a month to see an improvement and several months to see the full effect. You need a surgical option to eliminate fat right away, which comes with many risks, downtime, and higher costs.
- Good skin elasticity: If you’re experiencing skin sagging before CoolSculpting, you should know that it can worsen. This treatment will not help with skin laxity and can actually make the skin lose elasticity if you don’t properly follow your provider’s instructions.
Remember, this information is general in nature, and it is crucial to consult with a qualified medical professional who can provide personalized advice based on your unique circumstances. They will be able to assess your eligibility and determine whether you’re a good candidate for CoolSculpting.
Your provider will make recommendations for your treatment plan that are tailored to your specific needs. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is key to long-lasting results and overall wellbeing.
Sculpt Your Ideal Image With Non-Surgical Contouring From Northern Virginia’s Top CoolSculpting Provider
For the best results, choose Cool Contours for body contouring treatments, where sculpting is our sole focus. We only offer CoolSculpting and its partner CoolTone, focusing on reducing fat and building muscle through proven non-invasive methods.
Schedule your appointment at one of our two convenient locations today by calling our Fairfax office at 703-665-3281, or reach our Arlington clinic at 703-574-3007!