Are you excited to invest in CoolSculpting, sculpt your dream body, and renew your confidence?
Then you’re probably wondering how to get the best CoolSculpting results in Northern Virginia. Keep reading to learn the top do’s and don’ts during your journey!
What Should I Do Before CoolSculpting?
If you’re not already aware, CoolSculpting is a non-surgical procedure that permanently eliminates fat cells by freezing them, resulting in their death. These dead cells are metabolized and removed by your body, resulting in a slimmer, smoother physique.
Despite it being a completely non-invasive treatment, how you prepare before your sessions can make a difference in your results.
- Find a certified specialist. A reputable provider who is experienced and knowledgeable in CoolSculpting is a must. Verify that they are CoolSculpting certified and have overall positive reviews.
- Plan your visit accordingly. CoolSculpting typically takes up to an hour per treated area, and you can treat up to four areas at a time. Prepare for this potentially lengthy time frame accordingly, and make sure not to schedule other plans too close to your appointment.
- Bring a form of entertainment. Because it can take quite some time, plus the process is considered generally comfortable and relaxing, make sure to bring a book, your laptop, or anything else to keep you entertained.
What Shouldn’t I Do Before CoolSculpting?
Now that you know what to do before your visit, here’s what you shouldn’t do.
- Try not to let your weight fluctuate. CoolSculpting is best if you are at or near your ideal weight and are able to maintain it. Some weight fluctuation is normal, but too much gain or loss can negatively impact your results.
- Keep your plans (well, most of them anyway). While you should allocate the necessary time for your appointments, don’t think you need to cancel your entire day. You can return to work, school, and other activities immediately after your visit.
- Stay unique. Set realistic but positive expectations that are distinctive to your body and goals. Don’t try to achieve the exact physique of someone else, as it’s simply not possible.
What Should I Do After CoolSculpting?
After laying the groundwork for your CoolSculpting appointment, here’s how to get the best CoolSculpting results in Northern Virginia by maximizing your aftercare.
- Expect mild, temporary side effects. Redness, swelling, sensitivity, numbness, and cramping are all normal. These side effects are mild and temporary, and they can typically be remedied with gentle daily massages, wearing a compression garment, and taking approved pain medications.
- Eat healthy and stay hydrated. CoolSculpting is not a replacement for a healthy lifestyle. Commit to eating a healthy, nutritious diet and drinking lots of water.
- Be consistent with exercise. Staying active is a must. While you should take it easy for the first 24 hours, don’t be afraid to hit the gym and keep your body moving.
What Shouldn’t I Do After CoolSculpting?
Finally, here are the things you should avoid to get the best outcome possible.
- Don’t apply ice packs. A cold compress won’t soothe any discomfort and can instead make it worse. Applying ice to the treated area can even cause frostbite!
- Avoid taking NSAIDs. Anti-inflammatory medications are a no-go. You want your body’s inflammatory response to remain untouched in order to efficiently process damaged fat cells.
- Don’t expect instant results. It takes one to three months to see visible improvement, so be patient and stay committed to your individualized treatment plan.
Wondering How to Get the Best CoolSculpting Results in Northern Virginia? Cool Contours Can Help!
Getting the body you want is easier than ever before with help from our certified CoolSculpting specialists! Learn more about how to prepare for your treatment, as well as how to maximize your results with a free in-person or virtual consultation.
Book your visit now by calling 703-574-3007!