Do you find yourself struggling to lose unwanted fat? If so, you’re certainly not alone. Sometimes exercise and diet don’t quite do the trick.
For millions of men and women, CoolSculpting has been exactly what’s needed to reach their body goals. And, it can work for you too! If you’re new to the idea of CoolSculpting, you likely have questions.
What is it? How does it work? What should I expect after my treatment, and how can I speed up CoolSculpting results in McLean, Virginia?
Here are the answers to those questions, as well as additional helpful info!
Can You Tell Me More About CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is a non-surgical body contouring technique. It uses cooling technology to destroy fat cells. Over time, the dead fat cells are naturally eliminated from your body.
What Should I Expect During CoolSculpting? Is It Painful?
Before the procedure, the targeted area will be numbed. Then, the CoolSculpting device is applied and starts to freeze fat cells.
Most patients report a tugging or pinching sensation, but it is quite manageable. In fact, many people choose to use the time to simply lie back and relax.
How Long Do CoolSculpting Sessions Last, and Will I Need More Than One?
Each session can last 30 minutes to three hours. How long your sessions last depends on the number of areas you are treating and size(s) of the area(s). For most people, one to two sessions is enough to see results. However, you may need more depending on your aesthetic goals.
What Are the Benefits of CoolSculpting?
There are many benefits you should look forward to after successful completion of your treatments:
- Because this is a non-surgical body contouring technique, you don’t run the risks involved with complicated surgery.
- It’s a completely non-invasive treatment.
- You’re able to reach your body goals safely when diet and exercise aren’t enough.
- You’ll feel more confident.
- It helps give you the motivation to continue to eat healthy and exercise.
What Areas Does CoolSculpting Treat?
Coolsculpting successfully reduces fat and sculpts the chin, neck, chest, abdomen, flanks, thighs, and back.
Does It Take Long to See CoolSculpting Results?
It’s important to keep in mind that results don’t happen overnight. You’ll begin to see a visible change within a few weeks as your body starts to break down and eliminate the fat cells.
Full results are typically seen within three to four months. During this time, your body becomes slimmer and appears more sculpted.
Are There Any Side Effects I Should Worry About?
Worry? No. Side effects are relatively minimal. You may experience numbness, redness, tingling, and bruising, but these don’t usually last for very long. There is a rare side effect called paradoxical adipose hyperplasia, though risk is minimal. While the condition is not life-threatening, it typically requires surgery to correct.
Are CoolSculpting Results Permanent?
Once fat cells are destroyed, they are gone for good. In theory, this means your results can last indefinitely. However, it is possible for remaining fat cells to increase in size after CoolSculpting if you don’t maintain a healthy lifestyle.
What Is the Cost of CoolSculpting?
Allergan, the makers of CoolSculpting, estimate the cost to be between $2,000 to $4,000. Of course, your cost will depend on your customized treatment plan based on the area(s) you wish to treat and how many sessions it might take to reach your body goals.
Am I a Good Candidate for CoolSculpting?
Candidates should be healthy, within 30 pounds of their ideal weight, and have realistic expectations about the outcome of CoolSculpting.
This is a fantastic option for anyone who wants a slimmer more contoured shape but doesn’t want to endure complicated surgery and recovery.
Women who are pregnant should not have CoolSculpting. If you are considering having children in the future, it is recommended you wait until after you’ve had kids to proceed with CoolSculpting.
What Should I Do to Prepare for CoolSculpting?
There isn’t much to do to get ready for CoolSculpting. You’re already taking care of your body with nutritious foods and exercise, and you should plan to continue after your treatments. Those are big to-dos you can check off your list!
Any medications that thin blood, whether prescription or OTC, should be avoided for several days before your CoolSculpting appointment if your doctor approves. Just be sure you speak to your primary provider first to make sure it’s safe for you to stop prescription medicines.
If you’re a smoker, try to stop at least a week before your CoolSculpting treatments and stay quit. Smoking significantly inhibits your body’s ability to heal and can delay your results. So, if you must smoke, at at least give your body time to fully recover from your treatments.
How Can I Speed Up CoolSculpting Results in McLean, Virginia?
It’s understandable you’re excited to see CoolSculpting results faster! Thankfully, there are easy steps you can take to do just that:
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: To speed up and maintain your CoolSculpting results, it’s imperative you eat a well-balanced diet and continue a regular exercise program.
- Stay hydrated: You should drink plenty of water before and after your treatment. Aim for around 100 ounces of water daily. If you spend a great deal of time outdoors, you may need more.
- Massage the treatment area: Immediately following treatment, your provider will massage the area. This helps to break down fat. You should continue the same massage at home daily for two to four months.
- Wear loose clothing: You may feel a little sore after treatment, so wearing loose clothing will be more comfortable for you. This also allows your skin to breathe and recover naturally.
In contrast, compression garments will help reduce swelling and help to further contour your body. Speak with your provider about when to switch from loose clothing to a compression garment.
- Avoid NSAIDS: For six weeks after your CoolSculpting appointment, you should avoid taking any NSAID or anti-inflammatory medication if your doctor says it’s okay. These types of medications interfere with your body’s ability to remove fat cells.
Taking them may affect how soon your results show, as well as put you at risk for paradoxical adipose hyperplasia. This condition happens when instead of destroying fat cells, these cells harden.
- Attend all follow-up sessions: Your CoolSculpting specialist will provide you with a treatment plan to meet your body goals, which may include more than one appointment. To achieve optimal results, you should plan to follow through with all of your sessions.
Where Should I Go if I Want the Best CoolSculpting Results in Virginia?
Now that you have an answer to your question, “How can I speed up CoolSculpting Results in McLean, Virginia,” the only thing left is contacting Cool Contours for your free consultation!
We’ve been voted Virginia’s #1 CoolSculpting provider, and for good reason. Our award-winning team focuses solely on this phenomenal non-surgical body contouring technique. This means we have the skill, experience, and confidence to offer this treatment in a way to meet your individual needs.
We also offer year-round specials and payment plans to help you easily afford CoolSculpting. If you’re ready to experience the body you’ve always dreamed of, why not give us a call today?
Contact us at 703-665-3281 or book your appointment online. We are excited to partner with you on this journey!